Driving In The Rain
No one wants to be caught in the rain; especially when they are not driving. It gets worse when they didn’t check or listen to the weather forecast and Mother Nature didn’t give them any heads up like dark clouds, lightning, Thunder rumbles, etc.; meaning they probably left home unprepared….(no umbrellas, raincoats, rain boots etc).
If you are fortunate enough to be driving at the time, it means you can at least escape being drenched by the rain. However, driving in the rain is not the easiest thing to do; especially when the downpour is heavy and accompanied by strong winds, lightning and thunderstorm for added effect. Is someone getting scared?…please don’t, as we are about to reveal some handy tips to help you get by with ease.
Helpful Tips for Safe Driving in the Rain.
- Get your vehicle ready for the rain – check your windshield wipers, brakes, headlights, tyres, etc. Ensure you fix or change all faulty parts before you hit the road.
- Turn on your headlights and fog lights – Regardless of how heavy the rain is, turn on your headlights and fog lamps as they will help you see better and allow you to be seen.
- Drive slowly and leave enough space (minimum of a good 3 car length) between you and the vehicle directly in front of you.
- Avoid slamming on the brakes as this will further upset the vehicle’s balance and make it harder to control.
- Keep both hands on the steering at all times – That way, you have a better grip and control of the wheels in the event that you need to make swift or rapid maneuvers.
- Always wear your seat belts – they are your best companion while in the car as they help keep you stable in case of impact.
- Avoid distractions around you – keep your eyes focused on the road
- Stop driving when you notice that your vision is impaired by the heavy downpour of rain. If you can’t see through the windshield clearly, it is better to park and wait for the intensity of the rain to subside.
Go a step further by protecting your vehicle with Custodian Motor Insurance Cover and prepare for rainy days.
The Custodian Motor Insurance Cover protects you against damages to your car that result from the following: accidental damage, theft, vandalism, fire, falling objects, injury to other people or damage to their property.
For more information and product support, please contact us via phone: 01-2774009 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a motor insurance quote today.